Thursday, February 14, 2008

My own work!




I used Close to Cocoa, which I haven't used FOREVER, Bashful Blue & Whisper White. I frayed the grosgrain ribbon (a trick that my good friend, Melissa taught me). You just cut your ribbon to the desired length then pull on one end (there is one end that will stop & not fray & the other end will). Just be careful to hold all the pieces together. I've tried tying the know loosely first-it has worked sometimes & other times it will get stuck.


Ok, so over the bazillion years that I've been stamping I've mastered the art of CASE'ing. I love to copy other people's work. I usually will change the stamp set or the colors but I've always had a hard time coming up with something on my own. So last month I was at my friend, Melissa's house to stamp & she turned me on to the challenges at Splitcoast. I've been a member of Splitcoast forever but have never looked at the challenges. So I still haven't had much time to do the challenges but I'm going to. Melissa also gave me another little hint. When she's "blocked" she'll sometimes just open the Stampin' Up! catalog to whatever page & she'll use something that she see's on that page. So I did this when I was at her house & this is what I came up with-it really doesn't look like the card I was going off of but I did use the idea of making a 3x3 card. So here's one that I did on my own. I have made a few over the years on my own, but they are very few & far between. I've decided to change this & I'm working on doing more of my own work. It's a good feeling! Delicious Tweet It! Facebook

No comments:

{my other sites}

{my photography}
Moments of Life
{Table for 5} ~Recipes & other great stuff

Follow Me on Pinterest

What I believe...

What I Believe

awards I've recieved from some very nice people...Thank You!

awards I've recieved from some very nice people...Thank You!
from Arnnette...click on the picture to visit her blog!

Support Handmade!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org Save Handmade Toys

Please give credit where credit is due for the work I've created! Thank you!

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Software

Search This Site

Beaded Watches

I've been featured at...

Some great causes...

Blog Archive

Catagories

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP