Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Fun, Colorful Pincushion Organizer

I made this pincushion several months ago, but forgot to take photos of it. I couldn't for the life of me find my old pincushion, so I decided it was time to just make one. I've always had one of those generic little tomato ones, and it was always hard to fit all of my pins on it & I hated having my needles go all the way into the pincushion, so when I found the tutorial for this pincushion I couldn't pass it up.

sewing,pincushions

I used some scraps that I had left over from other projects.
sewing,pincushions
Love the little pockets for needles, scissors, etc. My scissors are too large for these pockets, but the little small scissors would be perfect.
sewing,pincushions

sewing,pincushions

This is the part that I really love! The little waste basket. I love that it stands on it's own, especially because I don't keep it attached to the pincushion most of the time. And I just love the fact that I have a tiny little waste basket right next to me. Sometimes it's a pain to have to use a large waste basket on the floor, so I usually would just make a little pile on the table next to my machine. Well I hated all the little pieces of thread & fabric all over the table before. It never failed that the material going through the machine would usually catch on the little thread pieces and then they would end up all over the table. This is just the right size to not be in the way.
sewing,pincushions

I get together with some girlfriends several times a month to craft & often times I take my patterns & fabric to cut out. So the fact that the little organizer folds over to completely cover the pins is great! It keeps me from stabbing my fingers!
sewing,pincushions

I just roll the organizer over the pincushion & stick in inside the little bag. I usually put the sharp edge of my fabric scissors in the bag as well!

sewing,pincushions


Thank you Elizabeth from Oh, Fransson for this great tutorial, which, btw, was very easy to follow.

If you decide to make a pincushion organizer like this please leave me a comment & send me the link to your photos! I would love to see them!
Simply Crafting,

Delicious Tweet It! Facebook

No comments:

{my other sites}

{my photography}
Moments of Life
{Table for 5} ~Recipes & other great stuff

Follow Me on Pinterest

What I believe...

What I Believe

awards I've recieved from some very nice people...Thank You!

awards I've recieved from some very nice people...Thank You!
from Arnnette...click on the picture to visit her blog!

Support Handmade!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org Save Handmade Toys

Please give credit where credit is due for the work I've created! Thank you!

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Software

Search This Site

Beaded Watches

I've been featured at...

Some great causes...

Blog Archive

Catagories

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP