Friday, August 21, 2009

hello baby

These are some cards that we made at my Stamp Club tonight!
Ok, I was asked how I did this background! I'm sorry, I should have included that before! This is the Marble Technique. I didn't see a tutuorial on Splitcoast, so here's my quick attempt at a tutorial.
You need:
a clear stamp box
(you can use one that has stamps in it if you don't have an empty one,
just take the stamps out, then you can wash it out after you're done)
flat marbles (8-10)
reinkers (1 or 2 coordinating colors)
glossy cardstock (cut to the size you want to place on your card)
adhesive
1. Place the marbles in the clear stamp box and drop 4 or 5 drops of re-inkers on top of them.
If you are using more than 1 color, drop 2 or 3 of each color in.
2. Put a small amount of adhesive on the back side of your glossy cardstock
(don't use a gooey glue, use a tape runner or something similar).
3. Stick the cardstock to the inside of the lid of the box.
4. Close the box and turn it upside down, then shake it around. If you don't want much ink on the cardstock only shake it a little, if you want more then shake it a few more times.
I also forgot to tell you that I chalked the buggy.
If you have any other questions, feel free to leave a comment or email me.




Delicious Tweet It! Facebook

2 comments:

Kim -today's creative blog said...

thank you for the heads up on my link missing. :)

Teresa said...

Hey, how'd you do that background?

{my other sites}

{my photography}
Moments of Life
{Table for 5} ~Recipes & other great stuff

Follow Me on Pinterest

What I believe...

What I Believe

awards I've recieved from some very nice people...Thank You!

awards I've recieved from some very nice people...Thank You!
from Arnnette...click on the picture to visit her blog!

Support Handmade!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org Save Handmade Toys

Please give credit where credit is due for the work I've created! Thank you!

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Software

Search This Site

Beaded Watches

I've been featured at...

Some great causes...

Blog Archive

Catagories

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP